Saturday, June 23rd / 8:30 am
The grandeur of northern California doesn’t come into view any clearer than riding US 1 in Big Sur. The views are magnificent and roads spectacular. We’ll be stopping for lunch at Nepenthe, a wondrous cliffside eatery surrounded scenery that must be experienced in person. It is amazing. This ride is an intermediate ride, given the switchbacks and traffic next to the dramatic geography that will compete for your attention. Focus on the road, and take in the views when we stop along the way.
- 8:30 am – KSU (Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose)
- 11:30 am – Lunch (at Nepenthe in Big Sur)
- 1 pm – Depart Nepenthe
- 4 pm – Arrive in San Jose
- Rt. 85 to HWY 101 to Bailey to McKean Rd. to Uvas Rd to Watsonville Rd. to Hecker Pass HWY to Main St to Porte St to Elkhorn Rd to Castroville Dr. to Rt. 1 to Cabrillo HWY “STOP Lunch at Nepenthe”
- Rt. 1/Cabrillo HWY to Rt. 68 to E Blanco Ave to Sanborn to 101.
- The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
- We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
- When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
- There is safety in numbers.
- The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
- The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
- Rain will cancel the ride.