This will be an all day ride to Parkfield, CA (south of King City).
We will stop at the James Dean memorial, at the very spot where two tectonic plates converge. And rumor has it that we can find some great BBQ here right along the San Andreas Fault. Hopefully, we’ll enjoy the baking without the shaking!
Early morning will be cool but it will start to warm up by mid morning. Maybe hot in the afternoon. Bring water and snacks
8:30 am – KSU from Spirit Motorcycles
10:15 am – Stop in King City for gas, stretch legs
Noon – Lunch in Parkfield at the Parkfield Cafe
1 pm – Depart Parkfield, head home to San Jose
280 to 87
87 to 101
Stop in King City Gas/Rest Stop
101 to San Miguel “Town”
San Miguel to River Rd
River Rd to Cross Canyons
Cross Canyons to Indian Valley
Indian Valley to Vineyard. Canyon
Vineyards Canyon to Parkfield/Coalinga
Parkfield Lunch at the Parkfield Cafe – BBQ – Special
Reverse the route to go home.
• The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
• We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
• When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
• There is safety in numbers.
• The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
• The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
• Rain will cancel the ride.