Saturday, March 16th, 2019, KSU at 10:30 am
Say “hello” to warmer weather and longer days, long winding roads and lots of fun along the way! Winter has finally given way to better riding days, so we’ll celebrate our liberation with a southbound ride to Freedom, California.
The ride will take us from Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose, next to Uvas Reservoir, over Mount Madonna, down into Watsonville with a stop for lunch at Freedom Meat Lockers in Freedom, CA. This should be a very scenic ride and a great way to kick off the riding season this year.
Spirit Motorcycles is also sponsoring a “swap your swag” event the same day. Bring an old motorcycle t-shirt (any brand will do) and trade it in for a limited edition Indian Motorcycle shirt. Quantities are limited but we’ll be first in line right in the morning. If you want to swap your swag, please arrive at Spirit early, by 9:30 am. We’ll have quick group meeting at 10:15 am then kick stands up by 10:30 am.
Hope you can join us!
10 am – Swap your swag at Spirit
10:30 am – KSU
Noon – Lunch at Freedom Meat Lockers
1:00 pm – Depart for San Jose
3:30 pm – Arrive at Spirit
- 280 south to 85 south to 101 south
- Exit Bailey Rd to McKean Rd to Watsonville Rd to 152 south
- Right on Holohan Rd, Left on Green Valley Rd
- Stop at Freedom Meat Lockers for lunch
- Green Valley Rd., left on Freedom Blvd, left on Main St
- Right on W. Beach St, right on San Andreas Rd to US 1 north
- Exit Bay/Porter, turn right on Soquel-San Jose Rd, left on Summit Rd
- Right on Old Santa Cruz Highway, pass Lexington Reservoir to 17 south
- 280 south to Meridian, end ride at Spirit Motorcycles
- For those who remain, we trade stories, photos, and laughs at Spirit
- The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
- We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
- When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
- There is safety in numbers.
- The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
- The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
- Rain will cancel the ride.