Saturday, March 30th
We are in for some seriously nice riding weather for this trip to Half Moon Bay. This also means a lot of tourists in cars clogging the coastal ride northbound on US 1. To avoid the traffic while maximizing our ocean view, we will be taking the freeway to Pacifica and dropping in on HMB from the north side through the tunnel. After an al fresco lunch stop at Barbara’s Fishtrap, we’ll head south along the coast with an unfettered Pacific vista on our right side. Then we’ll turn inland and head up through the twisty roads over Skyline and back into the valley.
Be sure to dress in layers because we’ll be traveling through several microclimates, warm and cool, moist and dry. The ride will be super scenic so we’ll plan for a couple of photo stops along the way including a lunch stop in the very quaint, downtown Half Moon Bay.
Looking forward to another wonderful IMRG ride with you!
10 am – KSU
11:30 am – Lunch in Half Moon Bay
12:30 pm – Depart for San Jose
2:30 pm – Arrive at Spirit
- Get on 280 North on Ramp from Parkmoor. 280 North to Hwy 17 to 85 North
- 85 North to 280 North. 280 North to 35 North. Left on Sharp Park Rd Left onto Hwy 1 South.
- To Half Moon Bay. Lunch at Barbara Fish Trap. We will eat on picnic tables at Pillar Point Harbor. We can top off fuel at Chevron at Moss Beach
- After lunch south on 1 to Pescadero State Beach South Parking lot
- After 1 south to Gazos Creek Rd left to Cloverdale Rd
- Rt on Pescadero Creek Rd
- Rt on Alpine Rd cross 35 to Page Mill Rd
- Page Mill Rd Right onto Moody Rd then Rt on El Monte
- EL Monte to 280 South back to Meridian Ave to Spirit
- The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
- We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
- When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
- There is safety in numbers.
- The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
- The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
- Rain will cancel the ride.