Saturday, July 27, 2019
Hope you can join us for a short little ditty down to the coast and back. We’ll take the freeway north then cut over to the coast and head south on Highway 1. We’ll enjoy beautiful, July weather with unfettered views of the Pacific Ocean on our right. We’ll break (brake?) for lunch in Pescadero at Highway 1 Brewery before heading back southbound for a very scenic ride that will follow Bonny Noon Rd up and over the Santa Cruz Mountains and back into San Jose.
10:30 am – Kick stands up [leaving from Spirit Motorcycles]
Noon – Lunch at Highway 1 Brewing Company in Pescadero
1 pm – Depart for home
2:30 pm – Arrive in San Jose
109 miles (round trip)
NB 280 to 84 Woodside
84 RT on Kings Mountain Rd
Kings Mountain Rd cross over to Tunitas Creek Rd
Tunitas Creek Rd to Hwy 1 South to Highway 1 Brewing Company
Lunch at Highway 1 Brewing Company
Hwy 1 south to Bonny Doom Rd (LF)
Boony Doom Rd to Pine Flate Rd
Pine Flate Rd (RT) on Empire Grade
Empire Grade to Felton Empire RD (LF)
Felton Empire RD to Hwy 9 (LF)
HWY 9 to Bear Creek RD (RT)
Bear Creek Road to Hwy 17
Hwy 17 back to San Jose
- The group moves only as fast as the slowest rider.
- We will do our best not to drop any member of the group.
- When on major highways, the group may ride in the slow lane to ensure the group stays together.
- There is safety in numbers.
- The routes try to take us on roads less traveled. Some of these roads might be a little rough (in need of repairs).
- The routes may take us through multiple climates, riders should be prepared for changing weather conditions (temperature changes, wind, etc.).
- Rain will cancel the ride.